Benefits and Costs
By joining the Vernon Snowmobile Association, you are choosing to support snowmobiling in BC and ensure that we have areas to ride for future generations. So while many people join the club for a groomed trail there is more to snowmobile clubs than just that. The volunteers in clubs negotiate with government to manage these areas and work hard to meet the ongoing requirements of these agreements. There are many well-funded groups getting organized and advocating to have us removed from the backcountry. We need to stay organized, have strong membership numbers, and support the volunteers that keep this all going so that the people that just want to ride can.
Your Club membership with Vernon makes you a permit holder with the BCSF which gives you the following benefits with thier corporate partners:
- Capri Insurance offers members discounted Liability and Theft Insurance (this would cover the cost in most cases of membership alone)
- Sandman Hotels gives 10% off their best advertised rate to BCSF Members
- Best Western Sicamous, St. Ives Resort on Shuswap Lake, Hubs Motel in Wells/Barkerville, and the North Country Lodge in McBride all offer preferred rates to BCSF Members.
- Free Subscription to SnoRiders Magazine
- BMO MasterCard offers a special BCSF rewards MasterCard
- Mark’s Work Wear House offers our members 10% off their purchases
- Discounts with several AST 1 providers including Zacs Tracs, Trigger Point and Hangfire. Ask your AST provider if they provide a discount when you register
Individual Membership - $85 yearly
This is a membership for one person. It is lso referred to as a "Primary Membership".
Family Membership - $200 yearly
This is a membership for a family living in the same household. Two adults and two people aged 16 or younger.
Secondary Membership - $65.00 yearly
This is a membership for a person who is 18 years or older and lives in a household of somebody who has an individual membership.
Affiliate Membership- $50.00 yearly
This is a membership for a person who is already a member of another BCSF club. Please note that when buying this membership you will be required to provide the membership number for the club you are already a member of.
Non-rider - $42.50 yearly
This is a membership for a person who doesn't ride but woud like to support the club and receive all the great membership benefits.